9/23/09

My handmade bags

I started to learn sewing since March, 2008. During the first several months, I read many books about fabrics and sewing basic skills. Besides, I liked reading some books in which there were a lot of sewing projects. After one year, I put my finished sewing items on my Etsy shop. At the beginning, I made some stuffed toys, wall organizers, small bags, fabric pins.....Not too bad, I sold all of them with perfect feedbacks, even though it was a little slow to sell them. But the feedbacks from my customers encouraged me a lot. I started to design since May, 2009. Then I registered my new shop on Etsy only for the sewing patterns I designed on Augest, 2009. Now I'd like to write down all the bags I made here and I don't want to forget any one of them. Some of them were gifts for my friends; Some of them were for my shops and future gifts.

This is a cosmetic bag, not so big and just for daily cosmetics, lipstick, eyeshadow, brushes, sunscreen lotion..... There is Sunbonnet Sue applique on the exterior fabric. The applique was hand-sewn stitch by stitch with fabric scraps. Then I embroidered the flowers beside the girl. The little dog is a button. The small bag was fully lined with thick and hard lining and batting. The piping is made by me also. I did quilting on the zipper area to make it stronger. I made this only for practicing sewing skills I just learned, quilting, sewing piping, embroidering, appliquing, sewing zipper with zipper foot, attaching strap or wristlet for a bag...Not all this skills were learned from the books. Sometimes sewing needs creation and invention.




 


Another two boxy bags. I made them still for practice. I use the red one for my sewing notions and like it very much.
I made this yellow bag for sale. I learned how to use free-motion quilting pressure foot and walking foot from this project. The leaves were embroidered by hand with punch needle. The final effect of the leaves is just like towel. I like them so much. I remember when my customer received it, she wrote to me and said she loved it so much and would be pretty if carry it in the fall.

I just listed my handmade bags that were not listed in my shop. All the bags listed in my shop were made after I finished above. I experienced learning, practising, imitating, and designing. During this process I run into many many questions, problems, and difficulties. But I solved them by myself through reading books in the library, looking for answers on Internet, or invent new methods. My husband said he was so pround of me and learned something new so fast.






0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
©  free template by Blogspot tutorial